Thursday, October 21, 2010

Insulation


The bathroom walls finally see some insulation after over 100 years of nakedness.



Before installing the insulation, I remembered a few important items to take care of while I still had access, namely fire stops and wiring clean up. After a little research I learned that fire stops are critical in saving (or delaying castastrophic damage) a home when a fire breaks out. My home isn't balloon framing, but I had created openings in the floor which essentially acts like a flume if there is a fire in the basement.


Once I got those out of the way, Gary was set to insulation and did a great job installing the insulation while I was away at work. I gotta tell ya - coming home and seeing this was a big surprise and it was nice to have a day off! Of course, I had to give Gary a hard time for installing the insulation upside down...



No comments: