Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Countertop

For the countertops I decided to go with Corian which just about everyone tried to talk me out of. Since it's essentially plastic, you can't place any hot items on there. However, living with formica for the last 15 years, I am used to that and didn't think that'd be an issue. What I like about the Corian is the clean solid look and the cool feel of it. With granite and silestone and all the other hip tops with a speckled pattern, it tends to hide food crumbs. I like a sterile food prep area myself.



The bullnose edge makes it easier on your hip when you walk by.


The installer did a great job terminating at the farmhouse sink.

At the last minute I added a short, coved backsplash, with the intention of containing small spills without covering too much of the travertine backsplash wall

No comments: