Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cabinet Paint

And the process of cabinet painting begins....

Painting the mullion white cabinet doors (slowly) in the breakfast nook.

The lower cabinets are primed with a red paint as a "primer" or base undercoat.

A coat of black is added on top of the red then using a wet towel, I lightly rubbed off some of the black before it dries to give it a bit of a distressed look.

A close up showing the distressed look.


The white cabinets upon completion

The black cabinets shown with some of the hardware on. I'm still waiting for the drawer pulls.


3 comments:

Suresh Mohapatra said...

Did you use the "blackboard paint" on the wall coming from the dining room?

C Rimrodt said...

I just stumbled upon your site from the Aurora Mills Architectural Salvage yard website. I have loved looking through your progress. One question for you, where did you get your farm sink? I am looking for one for a house we just purchased and love yours!

Joe said...

Thanks! I love that sink too. It is a Shaw sink and is pretty common. I found it online and here is the link that I save:
http://www.rohlhome.com/products/products.aspx?Cat=19&type=3