Monday, May 21, 2007

Fiddler's Light



A few years ago, I came across this photograph and instantly loved it. I love the beam of light, the two gents laughing in the back, and the irish pub feel with the abandoned glasses on the piano. When I decided to take on the dining room remodel, this photograph came to mind that it would need to go on one of the walls.


While I was getting my floors refinished, I needed to be out of the house. Since it was spanning over a weekend, I took advantage of some time off and a good plane fare to New York City to explore the streets, subway, and feel the beat of that great city. I had been in contact with the photographer of "Fiddler's Light", Jill Freedman and was proceeding with the order and 'ship to' address when it occured to me, that with her New Yorker accent, she was probably IN New York. Duh. That's when I bagged the shipping idea and met with her. She's a wonderfully fun person with a great wit to her and very kind. If you get a chance, check out her photo website. Jill's got some fantastic photos.


No comments: