Thursday, May 03, 2007

Country Cat


Ever since the opening of Bipartisan, the local coffee place in the little business district just 2 blocks from my house, there seems to have been a buzz about all the new stores and restaurants opening up. One restaurant that has particularly made a big buzz with lots of interesting rumors is the "Country Cat". It's taken them quite awhile to convert the old Dickson drugstore into the restaurant, and I began to wonder if it really was going to materialize. However, within the last few weeks it's been budding out as if it was just waiting for spring. Suddenly, a new brick wall facade appeared, a new sidewalk awning, new mosaic, and the most exciting- a big new sign. Last Friday, I noticed several people standing outside and as I worked in the yard, there seemed to be a lot more people walking by my corner. This was an exciting evening. The Montavilla Business District has come a LONG way in the 12 years that I've lived here.

I ate there tonight and was most impressed with the service, decor, and a most tasty pork chop. They have been surprised by the amount of business they've been getting within the last week. I hope it keeps up.


Oregon Wine Press (thanks, Hilary!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And in July, you'll have an organic farmers' market in the neighborhood too! Go Montavilla!

:-)