Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Here are some before shots:
And a couple of shots after pressure washing:
And the grand finale:
Saturday, August 02, 2008
I chose this location in my yard since it was readily close to an existing irrigation system and had lots of sun. Unfortunately, I think was a former driveway or something. Note the pick axe to break through the gravel/soil. Not to worry, I left plenty of growth room.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Deviating from the concrete instruction to wet first then place the rock, I found it worked much better to place the concrete mix dry then place the chips, then wet it. Since the chips were fairly thin, I felt the concrete would hold them a bit better if they were already somewhat sunk in. Completion! Overall it was actually very easy to do. For some reason, I expect anything with concrete or mortar to be a challenge and everytime I work with it, I'm surprised how easy it is.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Progress so far. There's still a lot to do
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Scully giving an expression of concern realizing upon completion that she won't able to utilize the ENTIRE yard....
This type of fence is so easy to build. I think I got this done in 2 hours.
And the final product, all painted to match the house trim.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Since I am on a corner, I moved the Rhodie to the planting strip to block the incoming headlights to gain a little more privacy. I really wished I would have done this years ago.