Monday, January 17, 2011

Pantry Lighting

Maybe it's common occurrence among other remodelers, but it seems when I do a fairly substantial size remodel, it tends to bleed into other rooms. When I did my dining room remodel for example, I ended up repainting and reflooring my den/family room, simply because it was next to the dining room. The kitchen + bath remodel is having the same effect. I'm redoing the pantry.

It's not a major deal but definitely is taking some time. So far, I've just added needed lighting to replace the fluorescent fixture. I got this raw fixture at Rejuvenation along with the replica bulbs. I wired them to have a 3-way switch and also added conduit. I'm digging the industrial look.

Future plans for the pantry are to add open shelving and really get it organized, along with installing another window to peer in at the waterfall.






2 comments:

Marlin Perkins said...

It's a good thing it's not one of those Feral Watt bulbs. They can be unpredictable and dangerous.

You do have to be careful of these fixtures in areas with gas appliances, though.

Joe said...

Marlin! I was wondering when I'd hear from you...