Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Antique Clock


As I mentioned before in an earlier post, I travelled to St. Louis where my family is based. My mom had gotten this clock when I was just a little kid from an auction, and wanted to pass it along to me. She believes it's from 1843 and made of walnut. I think it looks great in the den. What's interesting is that I had been thinking about getting a clock for this room for some time, but never acted upon it. I even remember thinking as a little kid that this was a pretty cool looking clock. Now, I just need to get it to work.

It will go for about a minute or 2 then just loses it momentum. I'm sure I've winded up to it's max point too. Next stop...clock repair shop.

3 comments:

goddessof4 said...

Nice clock and cool guitar.Do you play????

Larry said...

Love the clock!

I hope you are able to get it to work.

Anonymous said...

Antique post!

Are you messing around with this clock so much that you aren't working on the rest of your house?