Saturday, October 21, 2006

One Window In, One More To Go

Today I spent 4 hours installing a Jeld-Wen casement window. Though it seemed fairly complicated from the 8 pages of installation instructions at first, it was really quite simple. Of course, I still have to reinstall the house wrap and siding as you can see from the following picture:

Fortunately, Portland is getting dry warm weather for the next 2 days so I got lucky. However, that brings a pretty solid east wind, which creates a slight challenge. The next window won't be so easy either. I have to rebuild the rough opening to make the inside trim symmetrical. The original windows had one window installed an inch higher than the other, plus one side of the bay window is a little wider than the other.

And this was done before crack was invented!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy there is sure a bunch of sites. I just started doing some checking around for ideas on my new site and have been really overwhelmed with all of the variables. Color schemes, layout, etc. I might start a blog to and I like the layout of this one. Anyway, thanks for the ideas and if you feel like it you can look at my site too. chimney sweeper history