Friday, August 04, 2006

Montavilla

The neighborhood I live in is called Montavilla and it celebrating it's 100 year this year. I have been really surprised with all the hoopla lately in the neighborhood and especially the little business district that is 2 blocks from my house. When I first moved here 11 years ago, the business district was avoided since there was nothing worthwhile except for Flying Pie pizza and Ya Hala - huge favorites among many Portlanders. Within the last year, a theater has gone in, a very cool coffee shop, and a wine bar. Rumor has it, we're going to get a fine dining restaurant, possible a sporting goods store with a skate park, and possibly a Trader Joe's.

I really started this blog to share progress with family and friends from out of town. I haven't done much lately, except get this pile of lathes down into the basement. Whoop-ee.


No comments: