Thursday, July 20, 2006

First Floor

First Floor Tour

The Entry Room was an addition to the house, I believe, sometime in the early 80's. It was repainted to a cardinal red a few years. The color before was more of a coral, but was starting to fade into pink. Usually things fade to black. But not my entry room.

I redid the Family Room in 1998 only by just painting the trim and adding crown moulding. I did get new furniture a few years after from Sofa Table Chair. One great feature of this room is the open stairs.

Enter the Dining Room. This to me is the main central room, and also the room that has been in most need of a remodel.

The Office has had a few share of roommates and is also the location of the birth of Kaeli Kaainoa on October 12, 1995. That's another reason why I can't sell this house. Her father, Dave, won't let me.

The Kitchen was my first remodel attempt and looking at it now, I did a horrible job. It will soon be remodelled once again. In a proper manner, hopefully.

Bath 1. Another potential improvement. I think it'd be cool to get a claw foot tub, pedestal sink, etc. I really don't like this sink and have been waiting to replace it for some time.

The Pantry was another addition to the house, sometime in the 1970's. I spoke to the owners during that time, who informed me they made that change. It's especially handy to have the washer/dryer on the same floor. But it still doesn't make me enjoy laundry any more.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Wow! We're neighbors? And you have experience in removing linoleum? Please don't hesitate to stop by. I have extra scrapers. Kidding. But I'd love to learn about your linoleum removal experience.

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous.....
It almost brought me to tears, as I once again visited your Portland Palace. It looks better than ever, and I eagerly await the completion of the dining room.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Just seeing your post regarding your kitchen floor reno. Absolutely stunning! My question for you is, how has the wear been on the grout against the wood? A friend of mine did a similar application but with tile and hardwood and the grout always chips away from the wood from the expanding and contracting. Any issues with that?