Pages

▼

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Oak Tree Tile Trim, Part Four

This part deals with making the side trim of the oak tree tile mural. Here it is in final form, drying:

The first stage, in rough form, after pressing the clay into the jig or guide for the forming tool:
After the first pass:
After the second pass:
And the third. At this point, the bulk of the extra clay is off, and it's a matter of going over it several times, while spraying it with water to make sure the clay is uniforming distributed and no small cavities exist:
For the last pass, I clean the tool to make sure I get a good final clean cut into the clay. Surprisingly, there is still clay coming off despite making several passes. I try not too over work the clay too.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:38 PM

    It's great that you take such care to smooth out the clay and get it right.

    I don't like small cavities either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:32 PM

    That's amazing! It looks just like wood trim but more solid. I can't wait to see photos of the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Hello there,

    I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at 1900farmhouse.blogspot.com.

    May I use part of the information from your post right above if I give a backlink back to your site?

    Thanks,
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Hi - I am really delighted to discover this. cool job!

    ReplyDelete